UK Histiocytosis Advisory Group (supported by CCLG and Histiocytosis UK)
Thank you for considering referring your patient for discussion with the UK Histiocytosis Advisory Group.
The meeting is WebEx based and takes place on the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month from 15h00 to 16h00
Aims of the meeting
The UK Histiocytosis Advisory Group comprises members of the CCLG Histiocytosis Special Interest Group and adult clinicians who are members of the Histiocyte Society. This small group of clinicians from across the country have a special interest in the management of histiocytic disorders including Langerhans cell histiocytosis (LCH), Juvenile Xanthogranuloma (JXG), Rosai-Dorfman Disease (RDD), Erdheim-Chester Disease (ECD), Malignant Histiocytoses (Subtypes: Histiocytic/Langerhans cell/Interdigitating cell/Indeterminate cell) and related conditions.
• We are keen to provide advice and support to colleagues caring for patients of all ages with clinically challenging forms of these diseases.
• We also aim to sign-post colleagues to relevant open trials, biology studies, registries and tumour banking opportunities.
• The advisory panel will only provide advice on management and this will NOT be an MDT (Multidisciplinary Team) treatment recommendation. Treatment choices remain the decision of the local clinician/multidisciplinary team.
How to make a referral
• You should request a Referral Proforma from Histio@Histiouk.org which you will need to complete electronically. Please send the referral from an nhs.net address if you are including patient identifiable data (preferred). Please put REFERRAL: UK Histiocytosis Advisory Group in the subject line of the e-mail.
• Please convey the urgency for the discussion. If an urgent discussion is required, or if key members cannot be present, we may need to convene an ad-hoc meeting in between the 2-weekly meetings.
• Please note that the instructions on how to join the meeting are on the 1st page of the proforma. There are different links for the meeting on the 2nd and the meeting on the 4th Friday of the month.
UK Histiocytosis Advisory Group Meeting Proforma
We learn from each case and appreciate the time you have taking to share this patient with us.
We are grateful to the CCLG and Histiocytosis UK for supporting these meetings.
CCLG Histiocytosis Special Interest Group
Please look around and contribute in any way you can.